Pry's Mill Bridge - 1858
The site of a bridge since the 1830’s, this two-arch bridge was finished in its present form in 1858. The bridge appears very much as it always has, with just a single narrow lane to carry traffic. Both grist and sawmills operated at nearby Pry’s Mill, also becoming makeshift hospitals after The Battle of Antietam. Its unusual cutwaters are shaped like a ship’s bow facing upstream, with the more rounded “stern” downstream. Along the south side of the road, one of the largest of the old mills is now a beautiful private residence.